These additional resources may be helpful as you develop your CHW strategies.
- Best Practice Guidelines for Implementing and Evaluating Community Health Worker Programs in Health Care Settings from the Sinai Urban Health Institute.
- Building a Community Health Worker Program; The Key to Better Care, Better Outcomes, & Lower Costs published by Community HealthWorks.
- Community Health Workers Evidence-Based Models Toolbox from the HRSA Office of Rural Health Policy.
- Community health workers in Minnesota: Bridging Barriers, Expanding Access, Improving Health, published by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation, examines a decade of partnership, innovation and field-building to create healthy communities.
- A Handbook for Enhancing CHW Programs: Guidance From the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program.
- IMPaCT™, A Comprehensive, Evidence-based CHW Model developed by the Penn Center for Community Health Workers.
- Making the Connection: The Role of Community Health Workers in Health Homes prepared by Health Management Associates for the New York State Health Foundation.