As cited throughout this website, there is an abundance of published research on the role and value of CHWs in healthcare settings. Here are just a few that may be of interest to you and your colleagues.
- Patient-Centered Community Health Worker Intervention to Improve Posthospital Outcomes: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- A Pilot Test of a Peer Navigator Intervention for Improving the Health of Individuals with Serious Mental Illness
- Community-Based Participatory Development of a Community Health Worker Mental Health Outreach Role to Extend Collaborative Care in Post-Katrina New Orleans (PDF)
- Development of Project Wings Home Visits, a Mental Health Intervention for Latino Families Using Community-based Participatory Research
- The Effectiveness of a Community Health Worker Outreach Program on Healthcare Utilization of West Baltimore City Medicaid Patients with Diabetes, with or without Hypertension