- CHW Certificate Programs
- Minnesota Community Health Worker Alliance
- Minnesota CHW Peer Network
In addition to proper foundational training and certification, top CHW candidates will possess certain qualities and skills.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), desired qualities of community health workers include:
- Commitment to serving the community;
- Caring about others;
- Respect by peers in the community;
- Shared values and experiences of the people being served;
- Membership in the community being served;
- Good health practices, attitudes, and self-esteem;
- Ability to take a stand for what they believe;
- Ability to grow, change, and learn; and
- Leadership in the community.